Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Egypt:: Beyond the Past

I have spent the last two days at the Indianapolis Children's Museum at a workshop for teachers. The workshop is called Egypt: Beyond the Past. Many people do not understand or even realize that there is more to Egypt than pyramids and hieroglyphics. This whole workshop is about what Egypt is like today. It has been great! I have heard people from Egypt speak, experiences authentic Egyptian food, gone through the exhibit at the museum, sat through and participated in a traditional conflict resolution process that is native to Egypt (even today), and visited the Islamic Society of North America (which is also a mosque).  It has been busy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is sooooo cool!!!!

It has always been my dream to travel to Egypt. I have had a fascination with Ancient Egypt since I was a little girl. This fascination is the reason I am now a teacher. Thanks to the Lilly Endowment Grant for Teacher Creativity, my dream is about to come true. Let the adventure begin!

And don't forget to sign my guest book while you're here!