Saturday, July 17, 2010

Now in Sharm

We made it down the Nile and are now in Sharm.  The Nile cruise was amazing. Jeff was sick with Tut Butt for one day of it. So we discovered that we can open the sliding glass door, turn the love seat, and sit and watch life on the Nile pass us by.  So we were still in the A/C and not in the 110+ degree heat. He was at least able to enjoy that :)   Now that we are back with Internet, I will post some more later. Its 1:30 am and I am pooped. 

This whole experience has me speechless. #1 - Americans are spoiled and have it made. #2 - The people always shoving their goods in your face and asking for baksheesh (tips) has become very trying on my nerves....but I understand it.


More later. Night!

3 comments:

lmborro said...

Good you made it!
I'm guessing that Tut Butt is the same as Montizumas Revenge????

Whatever, it probably wasn't pleasant. Glad he's better.

Take care, can't wait for photos from the Nile!
Lynn

Unknown said...

cute pics ; )

Ms. Hicks said...

Tut butt is NOT fun and I had it in Sharm. It was terrible! LOL

It has always been my dream to travel to Egypt. I have had a fascination with Ancient Egypt since I was a little girl. This fascination is the reason I am now a teacher. Thanks to the Lilly Endowment Grant for Teacher Creativity, my dream is about to come true. Let the adventure begin!

And don't forget to sign my guest book while you're here!