Saturday, May 1, 2010

A hot mess

Things that I have learned:
  1. Airlines can cancel flights "because they want to."
  2. It is not easy to simply transfer information.
  3. Every time I call Expedia, I have to hear the same thing over and tell them that NO, I CANNOT LEAVE ON JULY 11 and arrive in Cairo on July 12.
  4. Explaining the time change to a travel agency Representative is not a simple task. You would think that understanding how time zones work would be a job requirement for international travel representatives.
  5. My head hurts.
  6. They will take the money right out of your account to pay for tickets...but you must wait "30-60 days for a full refund."
  7. Gardettos Roasted rye garlic chips aka the "brown things" are amazing.
  8. Conducting business with people in Jordan must be done between 8am and 5 pm their time...in other words...2am and 11am our time.
  9. Travel Insurance is a must for my next big adventure.
  10. Thanks to everyone that has been online helping me figure out what to do.
Thanks to Stacee Barton, I looked up Royal Jordanian Airlines flight out of New York.  Found one, called and am now waiting to see if I can fly out of NY and to Cairo on the 10th and arrive on the 11th as planned. I would need to fly (an additional $300) from South Bend to New York the night before. My parents would pick us up since they live near NYC, we would stay in a hotel, experience "the city" on Saturday and then drive to the other airport to catch out flight out. 

I am waiting to hear from Expedia.  They said 24 hours. I think that RJA should have to pay to get me to NYC. OR bump us to Biz Class on our flight...............  that's my next battle. Will keep you posted!

2 comments:

Lexi said...

Let's hope nothing else happens...

Unknown said...

I like four because I agree, I like five because it was pretty random (no, I'm not happy that you have a headache), and I like seven, because again, I agree and it's random!! I love randomness : ) Good luck!!!!

It has always been my dream to travel to Egypt. I have had a fascination with Ancient Egypt since I was a little girl. This fascination is the reason I am now a teacher. Thanks to the Lilly Endowment Grant for Teacher Creativity, my dream is about to come true. Let the adventure begin!

And don't forget to sign my guest book while you're here!